Tunisian Trial of US embassy attack begins

US embassy attack trial opens in Tunis

Twenty people accused of involvement in a deadly attack on the US embassy last year went on trial in Tunis on Tuesday. Angry protesters attacked the embassy on September 14, 2012, after a US man released a video online that many thought mocked Islam.


FRANCE 24 latest world news report


Congress ban clash in face of persecution

Tunisia Salafist leader says group cannot be defeated

TUNIS, May 20, 2013 (AFP)

The fugitive leader of Ansar al-Sharia, the radical Islamist group in Tunisia, said his supporters cannot be defeated despite their “persecution,” in a recording posted online late Sunday after bloody clashes with police.